Thompson Talks Agriculture Policy, Farm Bill at Ag Progress Days Roundtable
ROCK SPRINGS, Pa. – U.S. Representative Glenn ‘GT’ Thompson led a roundtable discussion this afternoon at the Pennsylvania State University annual Ag Progress days, the Commonwealth’s largest outdoor agricultural exposition. The conversation focused on the progress of the 2018 Farm Bill implementation as well as other pressing agricultural issues.
Rep. Thompson was joined by:
- U.S. Rep. Fred Keller (PA-12);
- U.S. Rep Conor Lamb (PA-17);
- Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture Secretary Russell Redding;
- U.S. Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service Chief Matthew Lohr
- Pennsylvania Farm Bureau President Rick Ebert
“Agriculture is Pennsylvania’s number one industry and the commonwealth benefits from good public policy, such as the updates included in the 2018 Farm Bill,” said Rep. Glenn ‘GT’ Thompson. “It’s time to build upon this progress and continue to address issues most affecting the industry, such as trade. Expanding market opportunities through pending trade agreements, such as the USMCA, will keep the industry thriving.” Thompson added.